A holiday before the holidays
December 23, 2012 § 2 Comments
I’ve just had a little holiday break after my treatment. You don’t realize how fantastic a holiday is and how much you need it until you take it !!! Even though the last few months have not involved much hard work, the ability to just get away and change the routine is itself refreshingly therapeutic. While of course not much happens when you are unwell, I never felt quite comfortable doing nothing – not being pre-occupied with something ‘meaningful’. For some reason being on holiday gives you permission to escape from all the things you usually worry about. If nothing else – this is why holidays are a MUST !!!! Let’s face it, the worries will be waiting when you get back (as I have found out all too quickly). We really need to stop being so hard on ourselves.
Anyway my list of the ten best things about holidays:
- Eating fresh fish and chips
- Being anonymous
- You can’t get an internet connection
- It doesn’t matter what the weather is – you can relax whatever happens
- Reading the papers – from front to back over more than one day
- Going out for breakfast
- Walking along the beach
- Slowing down – literally !!!!
- Going to bed late
- 10. Not having to clean the house
By the way – am still bald !!!!!