Our Nominations for the Liebster award
January 14, 2013 § 2 Comments
As part of the Liebster Award, nominees are required to make nominations for the blogs they feel should be recognized. There are so many great blogs to choose from so……where do I begin? There are some bloggers that work diligently to make people think and reflect; I believe that is what bloggers are supposed to do. First, a little information about the award and some formalities.
About the Liebster Award
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word ” Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
- Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you Artofstumbling
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
- You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
The following is a combined response from Suz and Sus:
Eleven random facts about us.
- I used to hate my curly hair but now I quite like it / I am a science addict
- I am a workaholic and ashamed of it / I was an amateur astronomer as a child and wanted to be taken away by aliens
- I used to be a competitive athlete when I was in my late teens / I am a pantheist
- I had a dog once that I called after a Charles Dickens character: Mr Micawber / I am an advocate of animal rights and believe all things in the universe are equal (ALL things)
- I have never had a broken bone – although have had some cracked ribs as a result of a bike accident / I was a vegetarian for 30 years until I got dermatomyositis and now I eat fish for the protein but im going back to being a vegetarian as soon as im well again as I HATE eating animals – it feels wrong
- I feel that I am getting old and I don’t like it
- I went to a catholic secondary college when I was a kid
- I am just about the only one of my school friends that has moved away from the state I was born in
- I feel frustrated with my own abilities – enough is never good enough
- I am a half glass full person – most of the time
- I love burning candles around my house
Our answers to the questions posed to us
1. What’s your favourite book?
- JD Salinger. Catcher in the Rye
- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
2. Your favourite film?
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
3. Do you have any nicknames?
4. Do you play any musical instruments?
- No – but I did start to learn the piano once in my 20s
- No – Ive tried many and failed dismally
5. Have you ever had surgery?
- Yes – had some cancerous stuff extracted
- Yes – an arthoscopy on my knee
6. What’s your favourite food?
- Smoked Salmon – with capers on fresh bread and with cream cheese !!!!!!
- I don’t have one
7. What are you afraid of?
- Heights, snakes, sharks – anything scary
- Spiders and foolish humans
8. What’s your proudest moment?
- Giving birth to my daughter – no question about it
9. Your favourite item of clothing?
- A beautiful cream dress that makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn
10. Your favourite song?
- Moon River
11. Favorite TV Show?
- What was the name of your first pet?
- What was the first album/CD you ever purchased?
- Would you rather eat out or have a home cooked meal at home?
- What’s your favorite flower?
- What house chore do you absolutely loathe doing?
- What is your favorite country to visit?
- What flavor ice-cream do you like the most?
- What is your idea of being decadent?
- Who is the person you admire most in your life?
- If you could choose a different job or career what would it be?
- What style of music do you like the most??